Thursday, January 8, 2009

6 month checkup

We had another appointment with our midwife today, and so far things look good. The baby was measuring right on track and the heartbeat was in the 130s. However apparently my midwife is going away for a couple of months and I will be meeting in with a new midwife next time. It isn't that big of a deal, since whichever midwife is on call the day or night I go into labor is the one that will likely deliver the baby, it will still be interesting to be 7 months pregnant and meet a new provider for a couple of visits or so. I will also have to drink the neon orange glucose drink that I've heard such nasty things about for a (routine) gestational diabetes test next time around, so that is another thing to look forward to.

I feel like I haven't done any real preparation aside from accumulating gifts from friends and family, and now I am staring down choices in childbirth preparation classes (the one I'm leaning towards is a lengthy 2 hours every Tuesday for 7 weeks!), hospital tours, and a midwife meet and greet so that you can at least claim to have seen the person who delivers your baby if your midwife isn't around that night. We did, however, pick up a brand new car seat today (Thank you, Peggy!) so we have everything now that we are legally required to have to bring a baby home from the hospital. You know, just in case he shows up 4 months early.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you! Good luck with midwife-meeting!