Monday, December 18, 2006

WHAT?!



For some reason, the people that I work for insist on having me type up their dictated notes. It seems to me to be an incredible waste of both of our time, but today I really have nothing else to do so I don't mind.

Or at least I wouldn't, if people didn't insist on talking to me while I try to do it. I have to wear headphones and type what I can understand them saying, and meanwhile...EVERYONE tries to communicate with me while I do so. I can never hear them, and usually they are just talking to fill silence, which is unusually frustrating when I stop the tape, take off my earphones, and ask them to repeat whatever they said.

"Oh, I just said that I wish people wouldn't send these emails about game tickets to everyone" or "Oh, I was just saying that I liked the hat that the girl outside is wearing". Blarg. Rewind. Find my place. Someone else comes in to comment on the peanuts on my desk. "What!?!"

"Oh, I said these peanuts are spicy."

Why did I stop working to hear you say that. Especially when I just want to finish listening to the person droning on the tape in slow motion about research I don't really understand. In fuzzy mumbled words that I'm not sure if I heard quite right.

I'm thankful to have a job with people who are willing to be friendly and talk to me. I just wish they wouldn't do it when I have on headphones.

No comments: