Sunday, December 10, 2006

So I thought that I would catch up our holidays thus far. For the first Thanksgiving, I think, ever, David and I did not go back to Arkansas. I tried really hard to make a dinner that was as close to what we are used to as possible, and with David's help managed to pull off a decent spread for the two of us. And Jack, because we decided to share some of the turkey leftovers with him as a special holiday treat. This is what my new kitchen table looked like right before we gave thanks (and I bawled for a second) and then dug in.
Pretty, huh? Then a few days later, Christmas morning came. Okay, it isn't Christmas yet, but I got the exact same feeling in my chest that I did when I was five years old on Christmas morning because of this:
While Jack has a bit of the evil eye going on, you can plainly see that my backyard is covered in snow. And that my horticultural experiment from the summer has officially died. Sorry bell pepper plant. You were tasty. We went downtown and played a little trivia at one of the bars with some of our friends, and this is what the city looked like all lit up and dusted with snow. I made David take a picture with me in it, but he was frustrated that we were running late and made a terrible face. But I'm going to post it anyway.

Maybe the hat is a fashion don't, but it really doesn't matter when it's this cold out. I think the wind chill that night was 6 degrees or something awful. Yuck. Anyway, I thought I'd show you what winter looks like in the early winter. I'm told that by February I will just look like an sloppy eskimo and I will tan just to get some UV rays to inspire happy feelings, regardless of the fact that it is horrible for you and causes cancer. I hope it doesn't come to that.

No comments: