Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Charred, silver linings



Praise the Lord that it has actually been above freezing for TWO DAYS IN A ROW. I still can't see grass in my backyard, but I know that it is just a matter of time before that groundhog doesn't prove he's a total punk.

To treat myself, I bought a lovely candle on sale last Friday from Urban Outfitters. I put it on my desk and try to drown out the smell of my coworkers favorite lunch, tuna and mayonnaise, as much as possible. This morning I cought some poor girl's application to the summer program that my department offers on FIRE. Again, this is something that only I can manage to do. I put it out with another important paper and now my desk is smeared with soot. Luckily I have some of those Lysol wipes in my drawer so I was able to hide most of the evidence. But the burned paper was a little undeniable. So I cut off the burned part (Luckily it was just the corner) and made copies. An obvious gray spot in the corner showed up in the copies. So I swallowed what little pride I hold on to and confessed to the mean German guy thatI work for that I cought it on fire. He didn't seem to care, but I think he suspects that I'm borderline retarded.

No comments: