Thursday, February 26, 2009

Our "Nursery"

I really am trying to get ready for the baby to come. Realistically I have 2 months, but there is always a chance we'll be caught off guard and bring our little boy home a little earlier, so I am trying to set up an appealing nursery. It's a little difficult, since it is really just a small portion of our apartment, but the hardest part is choosing actual "Decorations", like wall hangings and such, since the baby's room is in our bedroom. But this is what I have so far:


This is the bassinet and changing table that I am S-L-O-W-L-Y organizing. Right now I'm pretty sure there are a pair of scissors in the bassinet, along with sanitizing bags and 3 or 4 stuffed animals, but I'm working on it. The bassinet was given to us by one of the moms at the preschool I work at, and the changing table was a gift from our British friend Georgina, since she and her family are all moving back to the UK this week.


This is kind of the "nursing area"- where I will try to spend tons of restless nights feeding the baby instead of using it as a catchall and hauling the baby into bed with David and me. I'd like not to start "co-sleeping" since I hear it is a vicious cycle to break, but sleepy Nicki isn't exactly logical Nicki. This chair was David's grandpa's, I think, and it is CRAZY COMFY. I have a dim lamp too, so I don't stump my toes on the way to get our nocturnal party animal.


Lastly, THIS is the baby's closet. It's the linen closet between our bedroom and bathroom, and it is already packed full of books and clothes and socks and shoes and teensie tiny wonderfulness that I want to dress Jack in just to see if he looks good in pastels. I refrain however, due to the fact that he looks more like a mop dog than a cocker spaniel and is currently trying to drive me insane with dog fur. I've been waffling on whether to get him groomed in freezing cold Michigan February or wait until it gets that much worse. I'm leaning towards the groomed-dog-in-ridiculous-coat option.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See, you dont need my help. You are doing just fine on your own. I loves you muches and I will see you soon!