Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mother of the year I am not...

I was trying to straighten up the living room since we have a couple of friends bringing us dinner tonight, so to have a free hand I put Elliott in the bouncy chair and turned on the vibrate feature. He was being so good and seemed like he might doze off, and I set about throwing away junk mail and stacking things in neat piles. A few minutes later I hear thump. I look over and Elliott grunted; he was now laying in a heap at the foot of the bouncy chair. On the floor. I figured his immobility meant I could get away with not buckling him in, and the vibrations of the chair v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y moved him down until he rolled out of it.

I'm thinking that the grunt may have loosely translated into "Hey dummy. I'm on the floor thanks to you." I swear he smirked when I picked him up too. If children choose their mothers, I think he may have seen things like this coming.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Well as long as you dont drive around with him sitting in your lap (aka "pulling a britney") I think you will be alright! Love you!

Tiffany said...

Halarious! You are doing just fine!