Thursday, March 5, 2009

8 month Midwife visit

I realize most all of my posts have been baby related, and that is because I have the energy and personality of a slug lately. I think I caught a little stomach virus (luckily the symptoms have been mild) so I am working on that.

We visited with our midwife and the baby seems to still be doing fine. His heartbeat was around 140, and his head was positioned down, so I guess he is getting ready too. He's measuring right on target and seems to be happy as a clam. I brought a little notebook with 15 questions this time, and my midwife was so sweet and patient to go through each one with me. I have to up my water intake, which will probably give me a little more energy according to her, but all of my other questions were pretty reassuring. She also said the blood sugar test and iron test both came back normal.

I'm really glad so far that I used the midwives instead of picking a random OB. I feel like they really take the time to sit down with me and answer questions or chat, and I don't feel like I've had to go through a battery of tests and hoops, either. I should go back in 4 weeks, and my regular Midwife will be back then. I really liked this midwife too, and I'm glad I got the chance to meet her.

No comments: