Friday, March 9, 2007

Do not be anxious for anything...

For those who have ever had the pleasure of helping me make any kind of decision whatsoever, you may know that patience is not exactly my strong point. When I decide I need something or want something, I want to snap my fingers and be there.

There have been times where I contemplated setting off smoke bombs in the bathrooms of some of my friends who spend what seems like hours longer than I do to get ready to go somewhere. You are all beautiful to start with. But mention brunch at Mi Cosina and Meg has to start from scratch. Go out with some friends and Lizzy decides to learn to sew her own custom clothing. Visit Ray and Tiffany for New Year's and I realize why all of my friends have better hair than I do.

It takes time. It takes practice. It takes PATIENCE.

Anyway, right now I am in the process of interviewing for another job. The job I currently have hired me the way I like to be hired. I interviewed, they called later that afternoon, I started two days later. This job actually cares about making sure that I am the right person for the job, and whether I will be a good fit for the long haul.

I know I will not have anything remotely in the form of an offer until sometime in the middle of next week.

This makes me a little crazy.

Every car I've ever bought I bought the day I went to look at it. That's probably the reason I have owned a car that blew up, a car that proceeded to slowly fall apart the day I brought it home, and a car that didn't have an ounce of oil in it every time I went to get my oil changed (on time, too, thankyouverymuch).

I'm thankful for the opportunity to become less impulsive. But I also have had the feeling that I was leaning a little too far over the edge of a lion's cage at the zoo ALL DAY LONG. Some call it butterflies. I call it "where on earth did my internal organs go?". Patience is hard.

On another note, here are a few additional things I am grateful for:

David. He's super. Stop gagging.

Lizzy and Tiff. Both gave me tons of advice regarding the interviews.

I found two long lost friends from elementary school on Facebook. They're both mommies now. That's insane to me.

My interviews have been going really well so far.

My doggie. Even though he won't stop licking certain areas of his body because his loving owner isn't so handy with the trimming shears. Sorry puppy!

No comments: