Friday, March 16, 2007

A very tall 5 year old

Last night David helped to host some recruits for the Chemical Engineering program here. We attended this last year and it was so much fun that I was really supportive of him participating this year.

Until I realized that meant I would spend the weekend by myself a lot. I'm a huge baby, and I don't like to be home by myself at night. It freaks me out. Every noise is amplified and I remember all of the scary movies I've ever watched and wait for them to come to life in my very own living room. It's rediculous, but I can't help it.

Last night all the recruits went out for dinner. I decided to use the time be by myself and watch some tv. I was relaxing, about halfway through the Office, when Jack started growling at the front door.

I looked at him to see why he was making such a weird noise (since Jack rarely makes any sound at all) and then he started barking. So I hyperventilated and covered my head with the blanket I was using.

After I realized this wouldn't really help me all that much if someone were hiding in my bushes, I went to make sure the front door was locked. Then I looked out the window and saw that no one was there, and continued to freak out. I was too scared to go near the back door, so instead of checking to see if it was locked, I hid under the blanket somemore. Eventually, The Office ended and I had to force myself to go to the bathroom. So I ran full speed up the stairs (tripping in the process) and turned on every light on the way. I got ready for bed, turned on all the lights in my bed room and did some light reading until David got home.

He finally arrived at 10:15. He thought I was asleep, but I told him my eyes were just tired from reading.

David: "Oh really? What are you reading?"
Me: "The Bible."
David: "Hmmm."
Me: "I got scared and figured if someone was going to break in and kill me, at least they might feel bad about it if I was reading the Bible."

No comments: