Saturday, May 23, 2009

A Personal (30 day) Challenge

I've mentioned before how I frequently decide to try new things. My college roommates have joked about the strange groceries I would bring home to try out- like soy milk and meat substitutes when I was trying out being a vegetarian- but this is just what I do I guess. I decide, "Hey, I'm going to learn to knit." Or "Hey, I think I'll start painting." Or "Hey, what would happen if I cut out a major food group?" I'm weird. What can I say.

So I'm doing this again right now. I have several little side projects going, like coupon cutting, trying to learn guitar for the 50th time (I know three chords already!), and now- getting back into shape. I mean, aside from the fact that I'm learning to be a mother and about to go back to work. I'm a mess. Really.

I've lost most of the weight I gained by breastfeeding. I guess I'm one of those annoying girls who can say "Oh, it melted off with nursing" because I eat more than David does now. I cleaned my plate last night at On the Border (Yay, attempts at Date night with a 7 week old baby!). But having said that, it seems the proportions have shifted around considerably. Enter Jillian Michaels.

I watched The Biggest Loser all Winter while eating ice cream on my couch and growing a baby. I also saw them plug all of their workout videos and read several other blogs about The 30 Day Shred. I told David I was thinking about trying it and he mentioned the other three workout dvd's I have that I never do. He threatened that he would make me do it if I bought it, so I promptly forgot about it. However over the last few weeks his threat turned into the idea of being held accountable, so it might actually work. So I ordered it on Tuesday and it arrived on my doorstep yesterday.

We took our measurements and weighed ourselves and as soon as Elliott fell asleep we did the Level One workout. It's twenty minutes long but it goes by quickly and is pretty hard. David said it made him sweat more than plying soccer for two hours when it's hot, and my body feels like jell-o. I'll let you know how it goes and if we have good results i'll post them.

1 comment:

tammy said...

what no baby pictures??????????????