Saturday, June 20, 2009

For the chillier summer nights

I bought a book after David's cousin had a baby girl and made her a little green cardigan. I dusted that book off sometime this winter in anticipation of my own roly poly baby and finally finished this.
I figured it would be nice to stick in his diaper bag for days when it is still a little chilly or nights that we go to the park for summer festivals. Then I had to try it on him, because I'd be really sad if I spent that much time on something that was already too small.
'Cause seriously- look at all of this chub. Even though he still fits in the right age/size of clothes, this particular sweater was made from the 6-9 months pattern size. And it is just slightly too big. By the time the weather is actually cool (when he is 6-9 months old) I'll have to make another.

Shhh...don't tell, but I didn't bother putting pants on him. I think Ell liked it that way.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Tell Dave Happy Fathers Day!

Tiffany said...

That is really nice! I know how hard it is to make sweaters so I can really say that you did a great job!